A gargantuan number of emails are exchanged across the Internet year after year. The figures are estimated to be around 144 billion and will continue to grow in the days ahead. In multi-million dollar B2B industry where B2B email lists is a sales driver, email is the backbone of all communication.
Here are 3 key email crafting formula to dilate your inbox placement rates:
- Short and indistinct headline
The primary motive of email headline is to grab the attention of email recipients and enticing them to engage with it. A survey from a leading mail provider indicates that the open rate of emails lingers around 28%. Going by the results, the email blasts are responded by one in four recipients. Optimization of email headlines is likely to bring relief to the dwindling open rates. A good headline is concise, carry limited information and are highly synonymous with the email content.
Ironically, the most influential example of email marketing headline was during Obama’s presidential campaign. The email that went with the headline “Hey” contributed in generating up to $690 million. The exclamation was an instant success due to the personalized tone that promptly connected with the recipient’s mind-set. Perhaps, the underlying reason could be that we are wired to open emails consigned from family or friends rather than strangers.
- Content is equally important as the offers
On numerous occasions, email marketing was reported to be obsolete. But, nothing could be further from the truth. Email continues to reign as a leading channel offering value for every dollar spent. It helps marketers connect with qualified prospects at a fraction of the costs. The findings by direct marketing association show 4300 percent ROI from email compared to any other channel.
The practice of using email for marketing isn’t finished. But the days of stardom is long over. Two decades ago email marketing used to be a dominant channel for reaching out to consumers for announcing offers and deals related to B2B email lists. Tempted by the immense money churning capability, hordes of marketers descended to take advantage by spamming to masses. A lot has changed since then, but a lot remains the same. The immunity that marketers enjoyed by spamming strangers vaporized leaving them vulnerable to spam traps and smart mailbox filters. Today, there are laws such as CAN-SPAM that protect email users from unsolicited emails.
Crafting emails in a value driven package (deals, coupons, and high-quality content) is the ultimate method of defeating the system and earning the right attention.
Emails crafted without empathy can lead to subscribers ebbing away out of boredom. Every year, 25% subscribers disconnect ties with brands that send bland sales emails providing updated deals and offers alone.
The practical solution to check the churn rate would mandate throwing the weight behind existing customers than acquiring news ones. Sending educative content (tips, articles, or blogs) without sales pitch could keep them interested.
- The power of testing
The flexibility to test every component of email makes it a dependable marketing channel. The findings from evaluation could help tune out better outcome from future campaigns.
Areas that require testing in an email:
- Headlines are instrumental in getting the email read by the receiver. Optimization of headlines includes capitalization, case sensitivity, and even the length.
- Influential designs can do more than mere engagement. Consumers may decide to engage with email content based on the visual appeal of the template. Purchase decisions aren’t wholly product based, customer’s engagement through the email medium makes or breaks the deal. Hence, test the typography, color, button placements, and much more to make emails stand out.
- The right time to launch campaign is vital from a sales point of view. Weekends are ideal for eliciting a maximum response through email than weekdays. Also, sending emails between 8 PM to 12 AM will likely push the ROI resulting in better conversions. The strategy is to draw users attention to the email when they are unengaged in other activities,
Implementing these techniques could drastically improve conversion rate through email. Feel welcome to add more thoughts about this blog in the comment section below.